The Melbourne Anglican Foundation began in 1987, inspired by the vision of Archbishop David Penman. The Foundation seeks to raise funds to facilitate the mission and ministry of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Melbourne, to enable the Church to think big and dream large about its future, and to maintain a Christian presence in the wider community. For example, we help support:
• Arts and culture through the Melbourne Anglican Cultural Organisation Inc
• Young people through the Melbourne Anglican Youth Ministry Fund
• Welcoming new migrants and refugees through the Migrants and Refugees Settlement Fund
• Journeying with and comforting the sick through the Melbourne Anglican Chaplaincy Fund
• Assisting those doing it tough through the Melbourne Anglican Benevolent Society
What we do
The Foundation fosters mission and ministry across the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne, and in the general community, by:
• Raising funds to assist the Archbishop and the Diocese fulfill its vision
• Providing tax deductibility for parish programs that benefit the mission of the church and the wider community
• Sustaining ministry to young people
• Promoting cultural activities
• Supporting chaplaincy in schools
• Facilitating the resettlement, health and wellbeing of migrants and refugees.
There are a variety of ways you can donate to the Melbourne Anglican Foundation. Click “Donate” below and follow the link for online donations, or download the donation form below.
Help us support
The Melbourne Anglican Foundation supports a range of programs throughout the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne. Your donation today supports the work of any one of the following funds.
On arrival new migrants and refugees have multiple and often complex needs. Churches can apply to support those needing emergency accommodation, material aid and English language classes.