Review of Legislation Relating to Clergy
The Diocese of Melbourne is developing a comprehensive new Bill in relation to clergy, including such matters as employment status and working conditions, appointment, extension in parish ministry, retirement, breakdown of pastoral relationships and discipline.
There is a full consultation paper here.
There are also summary papers on these key topics:
- principles and recommendations [A]
- terminology [B]
- licensing, age and retirement [C]
- employment status and remuneration [D]
- constitution of parish nominations committee [E]
- delays in the work of the parish nominations committee [F]
- confirming or extending a vicar [G]
- breakdown of pastoral relations [H]
- Diocesan Tribunal [J]
Submissions will be received until early October 2020.
Synod members may register interest before 11 September 2020 in attending meetings by videoconference in relation to the topics above, or others they nominate. Further details are here.
All emails to email@example.com